Inspire Their Future
Welcome to Ackworth School, a future-facing private secondary school known for its welcoming culture and exceptional academic results.
Located in the heart of Yorkshire, within easy reach of major UK cities and travel routes, Ackworth School provides outstanding all-through independent education for children aged two to nineteen years old. From class-leading facilities to superb teaching and pastoral support, here you’ll find a nurturing environment where every pupil receives every opportunity to thrive and succeed.
Start their journey at our next open morning, Tuesday 23rd November
Why Attend an Ackworth School Open Morning?
We know that choosing a place to study through senior school can be a big decision, so our open events give parents and pupils the chance to experience all the excitement and opportunities that await at Ackworth.
By attending, you’ll have the chance to get to know the school for yourself:
- Take a tour around the picturesque grounds
- Speak with current pupils
- Meet the head of the school, Anton Maree
- Understand the admissions process
- See our latest technology and equipment
- Learn about opportunities beyond the school
- Enjoy refreshments
- …and much more!
It’s all about sharing with you our culture, values, faculty and facilities, and how these can help guide your child’s future success.
Why Choose Ackworth School?
Before you book your place at our open morning, let us tell you a little more about us. Ackworth is an independent secondary school that achieves consistent excellence. Our success is tied to high academic and pastoral standards, fostering enthusiasm and initiative among pupils to nurture their unique talents, passions and personalities.
Regardless of age or ability, our teachers introduce pupils to new ideas with an infectious enthusiasm that inspires genuine interest in subjects and decisions about post-secondary education.
Ackworth pupils not only benefit from smaller class sizes and personalised development, but are also continually supported in their emotional wellbeing. We understand that everyone has different needs, and our priority is to provide a nurturing and safe environment where all young people can develop the confidence to thrive and succeed.
Preparing For Success
Founded as a Quaker boarding school in 1779, Ackworth’s purpose has always been to deliver exceptional teaching and learning, preparing pupils for lifelong success and wellbeing.
Today, Ackworth Senior School provides the perfect foundation via a wide range of opportunities and resources, including:
- An extensive co-curricular and super-curricular programme
- An Apple iPad and Apple Pencil for every secondary school pupil in support of study
- One-to-one pastoral guidance
- Support in applications to chosen universities
- Oxbridge application mentoring
- Careers advice
- Late-night and weekend library access (borders only)
Supporting What Matters
Sports and physical and mental wellbeing are very important at Ackworth. That’s why all pupils have access to a newly built fitness suite, indoor swimming pool, athletics field and cross-country course, tennis and squash courts, and cricket pitch, as well as multiple extra-curricular sports and wellbeing clubs.
Likewise, our academic spaces provide exceptional resources, including:
- Well-equipped science laboratories
- Outstanding creative areas for the arts
- Specialist ICT, design and technology suites
- Lessons taught with the latest software and technology
- Apple technological facilities, both for classroom and individual learning
- Excellent remote working resources