Ackworth Boarding School Yorkshire
Inspire Their Future
Welcome to Ackworth School, a Quaker boarding school known for its welcoming culture and exceptional academic results.
Located in the heart of Yorkshire, within easy reach of major UK cities and travel routes, Ackworth School provides outstanding all-through independent education for children aged two to 19 years old.
From class-leading facilities to superb teaching and pastoral support, here you’ll find a nurturing environment where every pupil receives every opportunity to thrive and succeed. Ackworth school and boarding houses are on campus, creating a fun, safe and nurturing environment.
Before you book a visit, let us tell you a little more about us.
Ackworth is an independent secondary school that achieves consistent excellence. Our success is tied to high academic and pastoral standards, fostering enthusiasm and initiative among pupils to nurture their unique talents, passions and personalities.
Regardless of age or ability, our teachers introduce pupils to new ideas with an infectious enthusiasm that inspires genuine interest in subjects and decisions about post-secondary education. Ackworth pupils not only benefit from smaller class sizes and personalised development, but are also continually supported in their emotional wellbeing.
We understand that everyone has different needs, and our priority is to provide a nurturing and safe environment where all young people can develop the confidence to thrive and succeed.
To schedule a private tour of the school for your family, please contact Admissions Secretary, Rebecca Stephenson on 01977 233 621 or email@example.com
- An extensive co-curricular and super-curricular programme
- An Apple iPad and Apple Pencil for every secondary school pupil in support of study
- One-to-one pastoral guidance
- Support in applications to chosen universities
- Oxbridge application mentoring
- Careers advice
- Late-night and weekend library access (borders only)
- Well-equipped science laboratories
- Outstanding creative areas for the arts
- Specialist ICT, design and technology suites
- Lessons taught with the latest software and technology
- Apple technological facilities, both for classroom and individual learning
- Excellent remote working resources
a full approach to education
Ackworth was designed as a mixed boarding school and has separate boarding houses for boys and girls.
Boarding helps pupils to focus on study, with access to the school’s excellent facilities late into the evening and at weekends.
Ackworth has a flexible approach to boarding in response to parental and pupil needs. Day pupils can take advantage of the boarding provision, if at any time it suits their academic, extracurricular, or home life commitments. Day scholars often switch to boarding in the Sixth Form to take full advantage of the facilities for study, social interaction, and to gain a degree of independence in preparation for university.